Tuesday 28 August 2012

Can I really eat noodles for this long?

So..... after my last blog was such an international hit I thought I'd get going on the second post. However when the jet lag finally wears off, and I actually have to go to work you might not all be so lucky to get regular blogs from me.

The first morning in Singapore saw us all meet for breakfast and gingerly try an Asian all you can eat breakfast. I  love breakfast and I love all you can eats, but I think the pig ears were still in everyone's minds! I avoided the chicken sausage and chicken ham (Kat Ellis I am thinking of you here!) but tried some fig dumpling type things, but ultimately filled up on danish pastries.

I then went house hunting with some people who I had literally been pushed together with (Singaporean mentors seem to like pushing us towards each other/down the street/across the road) but luckily my new and friends (and housemates) are very nice (so it seems..) We went off with a housing agent and viewed a property but it didn't have too many bedrooms, and like a lot of places here the toilet was a hole in the ground.

We then went for a coffee with one of our mentors. We were then lectured for nearly an hour on how to be a friendly person, I'm so glad I now know!!


                                              Chinese food court where lecturing took place




Last night we went to Little India - imagine Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon before Christmas, but all the people are Indian men. Now imagine 6 British people (5 girls) weaving through the streets. We definitely were not in the tourist area. But we had a great curry so all of us where happy.



                                                          The crew, what a back drop.




Curry from  "longest running vegetarian restaurant in Singapore", when we asked the waitress what a suspect piece of meat hiding in the rice was she replied "chicken".




                                                      First tropical rainstorm!! (Felt like home.)

Today (Monday) was mental, no bank holiday in Singapore today. Got up at 6.15am, first day in school clothes and it was hot. Humid and hot.We did all feel like we were in The Apprentice as we tottered through the hotel wheeling our suitcases! The day was full of admin and being shouted at by Singaporeans especially in the bank as we all tried to set up Singaporean bank accounts (13 people half an hour before it closed.)



                                 This obviously called for a Starbucks (in your honour Paul Beeby.)



                           Would have loved to see you eat your dinner here Jenny Kershaw.


Anyone with an Iphone WARNING this will be your xmas present. (Sophie Leaning, I know how excited you will be by this.)


BUT...  we then legged it across the island with aching feet and sweaty pits in order to make our house viewing... I'll let the pictures do the talking. And on the same side of the island as the airport....SO NOW NONE OF YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE NOT TO COME AND VISIT.... FREE ACCOMMODATION BABY!!!






                                                  LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH.


No comments:

Post a Comment